Wednesday 3 October 2012

Put your hands in and swim

For my friend Rachael's photography assignment, she asked me and Gemma (a vaein girl) to model for her in a way that alluded to high fashion - and also took some photos which are here, obviously. I'm being drawn to colours that are water themed, and feel more at home with blue and green. I need to redo my hair because i don't really feel comfortable as a blonde anymore. I jokingly refer to myself as a merperson sometimes and a few of my friends have begun criticising me for it but (as i spoke about briefly before) i think individual style is more exciting when combined with theatre and role-playing. When i'm feeling flat or small i dress really extravagantly and themed so i feel like something non-human. then, in some strange way, i end up feeling more like myself than before. does that make sense? 

who knows.










Ysl shirt, various accessories from ebay, versace for h&m leggings, zuboutique x macbeth shoes, motel faux fur jacket, charlavail skull, sunglasses from asos and OPI x nicki minaj nailpolish.

It's true that cutting yourself open seems like such a risk that you might as well start preparing the bodybag, but it's the only way to grow up and move on. I'll power through everything as if i was a merman, with a strong body to get through the current, and a love for the depths where the light can't reach. When it hits the ocean spits and the air opens up like a newborn.

Sometimes when you tell yourself something repeatedly, you begin to believe a little bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment