Wednesday 24 October 2012

Cut

As part of a new writing technique I've taken to cutting up some of my favourite poems, many of which have a sensory appeal to them. It has proven very inspirational and has reinvigorated some of my regular poetry writing. Anyway, I'll share some here.

Blue, blue, red


I shut my eyes and seraphim gallops in.
I forget
The way you said, (I think I loved a thunderbird and we were satan’s men.)
At least when spring comes they roar inside my head.
I dreamed I should have kissed your name
And sung me
Quite insane.

The last girl to ever walk the earth

Exit all the world,

my lids, my eyes and hell's fires through blackness.

waltzing out from the sky,

you kissed me into bed

inside my head

and back again.

moon-struck, you'd return and all the world will fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment