Wednesday 7 November 2012

Freezing above the stratosphere

i forgot to post about an impromptu photo taking session that jade and I did, and i had some photos developed, and i wrote a few things, and so instead of doing different posts i think i'll put it all together.

sneaking into abandoned, disused or secret places has actually become a past-time of jade and me. a little while ago we got into electra house and took some photos.

(with millie)
(in these photos i am wearing cheap monday jeans, synethetic leather tuk creepers, zuboutique shirt and american apparel suspenders. i achieved the eyebrows with a combination of blue eyeshadow and lipstick.)

it was very dark, and ominous sounds echoed from the basement. it sounded like a pipe had broken and had somewhat flooded certain areas, where crates and boards of wood had been placed to ensure safe footing. for who? i have no idea. i imagine it'd be for construction workers of some kind but it's more romantic (or mysterious?) to pretend it was for some other reason.

these photos were taken in very disparate situations, but the bottom two were at the art exhibition of my friend kat botten, and the first is of my friend cordelia. these were the few that turned out well. i'm still getting used to disposable film! it's fun but that's all i think of it as really. if i ever call myself a photographer you have permission to shoot me.


uni is all finished for the year which means i have enough time to do crafts, work on vaein zine, spend time with my grandparents and friends, go on adventures with people, take photos, go to art exhibitions and shows, and spend my nights mindlessly dancing away to horrible techno.

and theeeen this recent photo taking thing was on top of the unisa building. getting in there originall with jon and daniel was pretty easy when we followed a student inside. the 2nd time, when it was just Jade and I, was not as accessible. nonetheless, we found a way, and it was magnificent. i dressed up as my celestial ocean form.






(shirt is from st. vinnies vintage store, AA suspenders (again), handmade seashell button cover, accessories from ebay, nailpolish from the nicki minaj OPI collection, haus of howe pants, and vegetarian shoes creepers.)

my grandmother and i have recently taken to customising and making quite a lot of things to make myself happy. in the future i think it'd be really cool to have some sort of clothing line, because i'm always buzzing with ideas, so i think this is a good start.


i also celebrated my 8th year friendversary with my bff debbie...

...who got her hair cut like this!




this was needed after my big spiel of poems, writing pieces and ramblings. there should be more to add here but i can't be bothered. ok, bye!

-jonnoxxx


2 comments:

  1. Omg! yesterday my 7 yr old brother was wearing a fish sticker on his head too and i was like "it's like a bindi that's so cool!" and we might make bindis together now to wear! Also these pics are great! I make my eyebrows blue with chapstick (which is great for sticking stuff to your face) and eye shadow before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it was pretty much just because i was making a blue/ocean themed outfit and thought the sticker was appropriate - i don't know if i'd be comfortable wearing an actual bindi! i think there's a big difference when compared to wearing things like indian head-dresses though. i've been told that putting foundation over the eyebrows first makes the colour more obvious!

      Delete